Blockchain.com’s leadership team is strengthened to position the company for sustainable growth
We have strengthened our leadership team as Blockchain.com continues to build upon a decade of innovation in crypto and business. Over the last two years, almost every function, division and activity has seen a 5x increase in business. As we work together to grow the industry and the company, I am excited to welcome the new leaders.
Join me in welcoming a colleague and celebrating promotions well-deserved.
- Lane Kasselman has been promoted from Chief Business Officer to President. He has overseen the company’s growth of 5x in the past two years. Lane is a veteran leader in brands like AT&T, Uber and The Messina Group, as well as high-profile politicians. He now oversees corporate development and capital markets, investor relations and communications. Lane also manages customer success, partnerships, global expansion and scaling the teams and processes at Blockchain.com. We know that it is not enough to build innovative products and provide customer service. This makes us optimistic as an industry. Blockchain.com must be at the forefront in all aspects of industry, political and business movements to build the future of finance. We are well-positioned with Lane to continue growing our user base, advocate pro-innovation policies, and build the future finance.
- Dan Buchstaber was promoted to Chief Strategy Officer, and Global Head of Institutional. Dan Bookstaber was previously VP of markets. He has been responsible for the development of the strategies and tools we use to scale our business using technology and systems. Dan also oversees the sales team that manages institutional clients. Dan draws on his nearly twenty years of experience in quantitative modeling and trading, including work for companies such as Citadel, Addepar and Frontpoint Partners. He will be leading the integration of our institutional business across technology, strategy, and client management, to ensure that our offering is the best.
- Jason Karshhas been elevated to Chief Marketing Officer. Jason joined Blockchain.com in 2020 and has been tireless in his efforts to make it one of the most trusted names in crypto. Jason was responsible for growth at companies like Coinbase and Google. Jason will lead the charge and make sure we continue to win customers’ hearts and minds as we invest more in customer acquisition, both institutional and retail.
- Amy Yeap was named the first Vice President for Investor Relations. Amy joins Blockchain.com after a successful career as a leader in investor relations, capital markets and fundraising at a multi-strategy hedge funds. Amy has extensive capital raising experience and has worked with pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, institutional asset mangers, family offices, endowments, foundations, and other families. Her previous experience includes JPMorgan and CitiBank and she is highly respected in the international institutional investor community. As the crypto market grows, Amy will lead the effort to professionalize our IR function and deepen our investor relationships.
- Tim Lubanshas been promoted from Deputy General Counsel to Vice President. He will be responsible for overseeing international regulatory expansion. Tim, who spent more than a decade with BlackRock, has now dedicated three years to Blockchain.com. He was previously Corporate Deputy General Counsel. He has played an important role in the establishment of regulatory licenses around the world and scaling up our legal function during his tenure.
- Valeriibabushkin was promoted to Vice President for Data Science. Valerii, who has a long career in Machine Learning, Analytics, Software Engineering, at top tech companies such as Meta/Facebook, Alibaba Group, and other global tech companies, has helped to grow Blockchain.com’s Data Science team. His method has allowed the company to grow on data-informed, actionable insights.